There is a GRANDPARENTS’ PILGRIMAGE TO WEST GRINSTEAD on Wednesday 12th June, from 10.30am to 3.00pm. Mass with Bishop Richard and opportunity to visit the Secret Chapel. More information and to book at Rosie.Read@abdiocese.org.uk.
Bishop Richard invites you to join him in celebrating the great Pentecost Vigil Mass with New Catholics at Arundel Cathedral on Saturday 8th June at 5.00pm.
Today our Lord Jesus Christ ascended into heaven; let our hearts ascend with him. Listen to the words of the Apostle: If you have risen with Christ, set your hearts on the things that are above where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God; seek the things that are above, not the things that are on earth. For just as he remained with us even after his ascension, so we too are already in heaven with him, even though what is promised us has not yet been fulfilled in our bodies.
St Augustine (429-495)
LORD OF THE HARVEST,
- BLESS young people with the gift of courage to respond to your call. Open their hearts to great ideals, to great things.
- INSPIRE all of your disciples to mutual love and giving—for vocations blossom in the good soil of faithful people.
- INSTILL those in religious life, parish ministries, and families with the confidence and grace to invite others to embrace the bold and noble path of a life consecrated to you.
- UNITE us to Jesus through prayer and sacrament, so that we may cooperate with you in building your reign of mercy and truth, of justice and peace. Through the same Jesus Christ our Lord.
Our diocese has a well-established Network with many trained and experienced spiritual directors. These individuals are available to accompany people on their faith
journey. If you would like more information on spiritual guidance, or the Network, please visit the website www.abdiocese.org.uk
The next one is one Thursday 16th May: refreshments from 6.30pm. From 7.00pm: prayer, talks, Adoration, confessions.
All men welcome.
Our parish International Mass, followed by a shared international lunch in Sion Senior School hall, will take place on Sunday 12th May at 10.30am. We invite parishioners to come dressed in their national costume and to bring with them, to the hall, a dish of food to share. People who could kindly help to set up in Sion hall, please contact Mary Murphy or Teresa Corkery. Thank you.
As he said to the terrified Apostles on the wind-swept sea, Christ says once more to the men and women of our time: “Take heart, it is I; have no fear!”
(Mk 6:50). If he is with us, why should we fear? However dark the horizon of humanity may seem, today we celebrate the radiant triumph of Easter joy. If a contrary wind slows the march of peoples, if the sea of history is tossed by storms, let no one yield to dismay and lack of trust! Christ is risen; Christ is alive in our midst; truly present in the Sacrament of the Eucharist, he offers himself as the Bread of salvation, Bread for the poor, the Food of wayfarers.
Pope John Paul II, 2003
Holy Week, the Sacred Truduum
Holy Thursday (18th April)
- Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7:30pm
- Following Mass, watching with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel to 12am
Good Friday (19th April)
- Children’s Way of the Cross at 10:30am
- Ecumenical Walk of Witness: gather 11.30am at Salvation Army, Crescent Road.
- Solemnity of the Lord’s Passion at 3pm
Easter Vigil (Saturday 20th April)
- First Mass of Easter at 8:30pm
Easter Day (Sunday 21st April)
- Easter Mass at 8:30am
- Easter Mass at 10:30am
- Remember there will not be a Sunday Mass at 5:30pm