Christian Aid Week 10th to 16th May we normally have a 2nd collection each year as we’re in lock down this year if anyone wants to donate on line please go to https://www.christianaid.org.uk/
From Worthing for Refugees I hope you and those close to you are keeping well in these difficult times. Once again I am writing to ask for your prayers, and those of others in your church you may be in touch with, for the Syrian refugees who are making their home here, and for refugees in the wider world.
Please pray on the following lines:
- For the wellbeing of Syrian families in the Worthing area, that this time may not cause additional trauma to them or to other refugee families living in the UK.
- That English language learning would continue successfully for our Worthing families during this time.
- That during this month of Ramadan God would meet the needs of refugee families.
- For those refugees who were due to be resettled in the UK but have been placed on hold.
- For those in refugee camps across the world where lockdown measures are virtually impossible to uphold.
- That the ceasefire in Idlib would continue, and a complete, nationwide ceasefire be established in Syria.
With many thanks for your prayers, as ever.
LIVE SIMPLY Tip of the Week Easy guide to food labels Confused by date labels on your food? Throw away products just in case they’re not safe to eat? Waste less food and save money with this easy guide to date labels http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/content/date-labels-infographic. Provided by Friends of the Earth http://www.foe.co.uk
CAFOD We are living through the biggest public health crisis in a century. Right across the UK, coronavirus is having a devastating impact on all of our daily lives, and many people have lost precious loved ones. But in many developing countries where poverty is widespread and healthcare systems are much more fragile, the effects are likely to be disastrous.
We must never forget that we are one global family, united in this struggle. Now is not the time to build barriers, but for the world to unite in love and compassion.
Out of love for our sisters and brothers overseas, please sign our petition asking the Prime Minister to ensure that the most vulnerable people are the priority in the UK’s international efforts as well as at home.