HOLY WEEK and EASTER LITURGIES We have received the following information from the Bishops’ Conference about what the liturgies of Holy Week will look like this year. The following will be observed:
• HOLY THURSDAY (1st April) Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7.30pm. No foot washing. No Garden of Repose or Watch.
• GOOD FRIDAY (2nd April) Solemn Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion at 3.00pm. No individual veneration of the cross. Numbers will need to be limited. Booking a seat is essential.
• HOLY SATURDAY (3rd April) First Mass of Easter at 8.30pm. No gathering outside or lighting of the Easter Fire. No sprinkling of baptismal water. Numbers will need to be limited.
Booking a seat is essential.
• EASTER SUNDAY (4th April) Masses at 8.30am and 10.30am (no 5.30pm). No sprinkling of baptismal water.
• The Chrism Mass will go ahead, with strictly observed social distancing, in the Cathedral, on Wednesday 31st March at 6.00pm. Please apply directly to the Cathedral for a seat if you wish to attend.
BOOKING A SEAT FOR HOLY WEEK/EASTER Sadly, we will have to limit numbers again for a couple of the Holy Week celebrations. If you wish to reserve a place or places for Good Friday
or Holy Saturday, please email email@example.com, stating the time of the Sunday Mass which you usually attend, the names of those in your family hoping to attend, and a contact telephone number. Thanks!
Remember, as always, that all liturgies will be broadcast online so please do take advantage of this if you are unable to attend in person or have not booked in advance.