It’s truly great news that are now permitted to open the church again for Sunday and weekday Masses. Remember, if you are shielding, self-isolating or concerned about public places, please do
stay at home and be safe! However, if you intend to come to Mass, please:
- Follow the guidance of the stewards for one-way entrance/exit through the church
- Be sure to use the hand sanitiser provided on entering and leaving
- DO NOT come to Mass if you have flu-like symptoms
- Please be sure to sit 2 metres apart, except where you are with people from one household
- Holy Communion will be distributed in one kind only, on the hand. The priest will explain the procedure to you at the appropriate time
The Sunday Obligation remains suspended, so there is no sin in not attending Sunday Mass. Please, therefore, think about spreading out your Mass attendance to allow the largest number of people to be accommodated within the social distancing arrangements.
You are, of course, free to bring these to Mass and use them if you feel it is safer. Each person will be respected for the decisions that they make in this matter. However, it would
not be appropriate to receive Holy Communion while wearing gloves.
When you come to Mass, kindly bring, if you are able, some packets of anti-bacterial wet wipes, to assist with supplies for sanitising the church.