First Holy Communion Programme
The First Holy Communion Programme is annual course to prepare children to receive the body and blood of Jesus. This programme is for children who are at least 7 years old in the January of the year they wish to celebrate their First Holy Communion.
For more information contact Mary Murphy (Programme Co-ordinator).
The Catenian Association
The Catenian Association provides practising Catholic laymen and their families with friendship, social activities and support. Their aims are:
- to foster brotherly love among the members.
- to develop social bonds among the members and their families.
- to advance the interests of members and their dependants by individual or collective action.
- to advance the interests of young Catholics and to assist them in the choice or pursuit of a career.
- to establish, maintain and administer benevolent funds.
- to promote and support The Catenian Association Benevolent and Children’s Fund (“the Benevolent Fund”) and the Catenian Bursary Fund.
‘The Way’ Charismatic Prayer Group
Every Monday at 7:30pm
Come to the the St Mary of the Angels Charismatic Prayer Group for praise, worship, scripture and intersession. The prayer group meet on Mondays (except Bank Holiday’s and Mondays in August) in the church Lady Chapel at 7:30pm. If you enjoy spirit filled worship and music then please come along to our group.
I thank you with all my heart, Lord my God, I will glorify your name for ever (Psa 86).
For more information contact Stuart Burman 07557 380009 or email
The Knights of St Columba
Legion of Mary
Tuesdays at 9am
The Legion of Mary welcomes all who wish to deepen their spiritual life with prayers and to the service of others. We visit sick and elderly in their homes and keep in touch if they go into rest homes. There are weekly meetings every Tuesday at 9am where Legion prayers and the Rosary are recited and the work for the week is discussed.
If you would like to join us please telephone Peggy Gallagher (01903-243491) for more information.
The Justice and Peace Group
- Links people who have a concern for justice and peace.
- Acts as a hub for the exchange of information
- Offers support and encouragement for groups and individuals
- Provides a channel between issues and campaigns
“If you want Peace work for Justice” Pope Paul VI
Divine Mercy Prayer Group
Fridays at 7:30pm
Please come to the Church at 7:30pm on Fridays to join the Divine Mercy prayer Group. All are very welcome…..
St Vincent de Paul Society
The St Vincent de Paul Society (“SVP”) is an international Christian voluntary organization dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing direct practical assistance to anyone in need. Active in England & Wales since 1844, today it continues to address social and material need in all its many forms.
Every Other Wednesday
Come and join our friendly group for a cup of tea and a chat. We meet every other Wednesday from 2.30- 4.30. We would be delighted to welcome new members to our friendly group. We have a full programme of speakers, activities and lunches arranged.
Our mixed group spans 50 year olds to 90 year olds.
Enquiries to Jacqueline and Dennis on 243914 or Celia on 238229.