On Saturday 22nd June, please pray and fast for the end of abortion and euthanasia in this country. Your prayer and fasting is urgently needed, and it really does save lives. For details of our live saving work see (www.GoodCounselNetwork.com)
Upcoming Church Events
Please continue to pray for the children preparing for their first Holy Communion. The Mass is on Saturday 8th June and we want to encourage and support our children in every way possible.
There is a GRANDPARENTS’ PILGRIMAGE TO WEST GRINSTEAD on Wednesday 12th June, from 10.30am to 3.00pm. Mass with Bishop Richard and opportunity to visit the Secret Chapel. More information and to book at Rosie.Read@abdiocese.org.uk.
Bishop Richard invites you to join him in celebrating the great Pentecost Vigil Mass with New Catholics at Arundel Cathedral on Saturday 8th June at 5.00pm.
Holy Week, the Sacred Truduum
Holy Thursday (18th April)
- Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7:30pm
- Following Mass, watching with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel to 12am
Good Friday (19th April)
- Children’s Way of the Cross at 10:30am
- Ecumenical Walk of Witness: gather 11.30am at Salvation Army, Crescent Road.
- Solemnity of the Lord’s Passion at 3pm
Easter Vigil (Saturday 20th April)
- First Mass of Easter at 8:30pm
Easter Day (Sunday 21st April)
- Easter Mass at 8:30am
- Easter Mass at 10:30am
- Remember there will not be a Sunday Mass at 5:30pm
REMAINING DEANERY LENT RECONCILIATION SERVICES
- Palm Sunday 14th April, High Salvington (St Michael), 3.00pm
- Monday 15th April, Littlehampton (St Catherine), 7.30pm
- Wednesday 17th April, Rustington (St Joseph), 10.30am
This annual Mass, at which the Bishop blesses the oils for the celebration of the sacraments throughout the year, takes place, as always, on the Wednesday of Holy Week at Arundel Cathedral. The Mass is at 6.00pm. All are welcome.
Please note that our parish Mass that day is at the earlier time of 10.00am.
The Edge youth group launches on Sunday March 24th.
For almost a year now, there has been a successful, vibrant youth group running in Worthing for the Catholic parishes. The group is starting a new phase on March 24th and we’re looking for new members.
Anyone who is in school Year 7-11, or equivalent age, is welcome to join. EDGE is about giving young people a place to explore their faith and make some friends in a welcoming, relaxed environment.
Please come to a training session with Fr Terry on Saturday 30th March from 11.30am to 1.00pm (but finishing earlier if we can!). Kindly tell Fr Terry (by email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘ and not by word of mouth! ☺) if you can’t come. Thank you.