Advent is a time of joyful expectation of the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and of his return at the end of life. Please keep the celebration of Christmas till Christmas, which begins on the 25th December and ends with the baptism of Jesus on the 9th January. What will you do to prepare in heart and mind for the birthday of Jesus?
You are invited to join in one or more of the following services:
- Start of Advent Service Lighting of the 1st Advent Candle and blessing and decoration of the Advent Wreath and all Advent Calendars, Candles and so on. 4:30pm Saturday 27th November.
- Taize Service of Prayer, Meditation and Music. 7:30pm Thursday 9th December
- Carols by Candlelight Service of Carols and Readings on the birth of Jesus. 4pm Sunday 12th December
- Charismatic Prayer Group ‘Advent Meeting’ Praise, worship and intercession on the Advent theme 8pm Monday 13th December
- Penitential Service To remove from our Minds and Hearts any barriers to the love of God. 3pm Sunday 19th December.