This will take place with our new Bishop, Richard Moth on Sunday 5th July 2015 at the Amex Stadium in Falmer, Brighton, the home of Brighton and Hove Albion football team.
It will be a wonderful opportunity for people from all over the Diocese in Surrey and Sussex to come together with Bishop Richard not only to welcome him to the Diocese, but also to celebrate and give thanks for 50 years as a diocese and one of the first born after the beginning of the Second Vatican Council in 1960s, as we start this new chapter in the life of the Diocese.
Information and programme can be found here: http://www.abdiocese.org.uk/festival50.
For more information contact email@example.com.
- 9.30am Doors open
- 10.00am Bishop Richard Opens Festival.
- 10.30am Speakers throughout the morning, workshops, Diocesan Showcase & Marketplace, Fairground rides, youth streams, school choir contest and much more.
Lunch to buy on site or bring a picnic.
- 2.00pm Choirs, servers and others prepare for Mass.
- 3.00pm Mass with Archbishop Peter and Cardinal Cormac.
The Diocese has taken over the whole of the Amex Stadium and is going to make full use of the available space in and around the Stadium.
There will be:
- Keynote speakers in the main arena
- Schools Choirs singing across the venue
- Arts & Crafts exhibition
- Children’s activities and liturgies
- Family activities and events
- Displays and exhibitions from Organisations, the Diocese and elsewhere.
- Floral displays and arrangements
- Theatre events and Cinema screenings
- Bands playing in the Plaza
- Archives and displays on 50 years of Arundel & Brighton
- The future of the Diocese will be key as all the groups and organisations join in presenting their hopes and plans as we await a new Bishop.
- The day will culminate with the celebration of the Jubilee Mass.
Key speakers on the day:
Our new Bishop Richard Moth
Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor
Former Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams
Leading Dominican, Fr Timothy Radcliffe
Bishop Dan Turley from Diocese of Chulucanas
Key Guests on the day:
People of Arundel & Brighton Diocese!