More cleaners needed for our regular cleaning teams. We are in need of anyone fit, and with a little free time, for our 10.00am teams. Just for about 1hr. 30mins ONE day in every four weeks.
Please call Teresa Turner on 01903 211396.
The next evening of recollection for men, with refreshments from 6.30pm is on Tuesday 17th April. A time for prayer, confession (if desired) and Benediction.
Anna Henderson-Smith is preparing to tackle the 26.2 mile run to raise money for Cancer Research UK and she requests our support. No doubt, we all know someone affected by this illness. Please donate to her web-page to raise as much money as possible for this worthwhile charity. No donation is too small; please give as much as you can. Your help is very much appreciated. Go to:
The Cross is the word through which God has responded to evil in the world. Sometimes it may seem as though God does not react to evil, as if he is silent. And yet, God has spoken, he has replied, and his answer is the Cross of Christ: a word which is love, mercy, forgiveness. It is also reveals a judgment, namely that God, in judging us, loves us. Remember this: God, in judging us, loves us. If I embrace his love then I am saved, if I refuse it, then I am condemned, not by him, but my own self, because God never condemns, he only loves and saves.
Pope Francis, 2013 Way of the Cross, Rome
HOLY THURSDAY (29th March):
- MASS OF THE LORD’S SUPPER at 7.30pm
GOOD FRIDAY (30th March):
- Children’s Way of the Cross at 10.30am
- Ecumenical Walk of Witness: gather 11.30am at Salvation Army (Crescent Road)
- SOLEMN LITURGY OF THE LORD’S PASSION at 3.00pm
EASTER VIGIL (31st March):
- FIRST MASS OF EASTER at 8.30pm
- MASSES at 8.30am and 10.30am (NO 5.30pm Mass Easter Day)
Confessions available every day after Masses and at the Parish Reconciliation Service on Wednesday 21st March at 7.00pm (when various visiting priests will be available)
The Deanery Reconciliation services for Lent will be held in the following parishes on the following days:
- Tuesday 20th March: Steyning, 10.30am
- Tuesday 20th March: Goring, 7.30pm
- Wednesday 21st March: Worthing, 7.00pm
- Thursday 22nd March: Shoreham, 7.00pm
- Friday 23rd March: East Preston, 6.30pm
- Friday 23rd March: East Worthing, 7.30pm
- Sunday 25th March: High Salvington, 3.00pm
- Monday 26th March: Littlehampton, 7.30pm
- Wednesday 29th March: Rustington, 10.30am
ST RAPHAEL CLUB for young people (8 – 18yrs) will take place on Saturday 24th March, 3.00pm – 5.30pm, as usual. Newcomers always welcome.
The next Evening of Recollection for Men is on Tuesday 13th March, with coffee available from 6.30pm. All welcome.
There will be Rosary and Benediction during the Sundays in Lent. Starting 2.30pm in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. All welcome.
There is a WORTHING4REFUGEES Fundraiser event on Tuesday 27th March.
Our Parish project, Worthing4Refugees, invite you to support their concert on Tuesday 27th March 7.30pm at Offington Park Methodist Church. Chantry Quire will present a meditation in words and music for Holy Week. Tickets are £5 from firstname.lastname@example.org or from a member of our J&P group. More details of the event are on the notice board.